Thursday, March 16, 2017

Spray Paint Hand Cleaner Natural Recipe

When painting one of my favorite go to is spray paint (unless I am painting furniture then my prefered paint of choice is Benjamin Moore Latex brush on).


When using spray paint no matter how careful I am I usually end up with spray paint on my hands. I was using paint thinner or mineral spirits "in other words very harsh chemicals" to get this off my skin. This became an everyday routine for me which quickly became a health concern. I took to the internet to find a safer efficient way to clean up my oversprayed hands.

I want to share a recipe that I have been using for over a year now & it has not let me down.


I found a small half pint mason jar I had to store my hand cleaner in.
Mix
½ cup of Coconut Oil
½ cup of baking soda


This worked beautifully and the best part it left my hands silky smooth afterwards.



Because of the coconut oil it will leave your skin feeling a little greasy. Just put a dollop of Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your hands with after thoroughly cleaning with the coconut oil/baking soda mixture and it will remove any oily feeling from your skin.


Note: If you have spray paint around your fingernails you may need to use a toothbrush or dish scrubby to loosen it from around your nails.



No comments:

Post a Comment